Tax Collectors, Zealots, and Flower Guys

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Few of the Scariest Verses in the Bible

"Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness."

1 John 2:9

"We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in Him."

1 John 3:14-15

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth. This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in His presence whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and He knows everything."

1 John 3:18-20

6 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. When I say to a wicked man, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood." -Ezekiel 3:17-18

    =]

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Taylor said…

    Well...yeah...yeah, I would say that is also a terrifying verse!

    :)

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ah, yes. i remember when you used to blog.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What about a verse that says you shouldn't lie in sermons, now THAT would be a scary verse

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Brokenness-Quebrantado said…

    I really like the post "whom shall we love?" I would like to read it to the group of people I am having class with because that is exactly what we are commenting this week, The Impossible Dream from Brennan Manning book The Wisdom of Tenderness. May I read your post to them?

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    brokenness...hey, this guy doesn't check his blog anymore...but I'm his friend, he would be happy for you to share it with the world...you can start with your class. Just don't go publish'n it, mmk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home